Business Guide, Training and Education Resources
- Leadership Kansas
- Center for Economic Development and Business Research
- KSBDC (Kansas Small Business Development Center)
- Network Kansas-Resources to Start and Grow your business
- Small Business Administration (SBA) in Kansas
- SBA Loan Programs
- SBA Kansas Resource Guide
- Kansas Government Agencies-Workplace Fairness
- U.S. Chamber Foundation
- SCORE Business Resource Center
- SCORE Veteran-Owned Business Resource Center
- SBA Online Training
- Access Financing-Your guide to government resources
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs- Veteran Entrepreneur Portal
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs-Office of Small and Disadvantaged Utilization Resource Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration-Federal Veteran Assistance Program
- Digital Veterans Business Resource
- Medicare Resources for Veterans
Starting a Business
Resources for Starting a Business
Influencing economic and social policy, as well as maintaining a high quality of life for our citizens is a fundamental mission of the El Dorado Chamber. To that end, the Chamber needs the involvement and participation of our members.
If you would like to participate in the Advocacy committee, please contact the El Dorado Chamber.
Stay engaged on state policy issues that could affect the El Dorado business community.
Kansas General Assembly
Search for state representation by address by clicking here.
KS House of Representatives
Search for your House Representative by clicking here.
Search for your U.S. Senator by clicking here.
Boards of Trustees
USD 490 El Dorado School District Board of Education Visit Website
USD 375 Circle School District Board of Education Visit Website.
Butler County College Board of Trustees Visit Website
United States President Visit Website
United States Senate Visit Website
United States House of Representatives Visit Website
Kansas Elected Officials Visit Website
Kansas State Senate Visit Website
Kansas State House of Representatives Visit Website
Butler County Visit Website
City of El Dorado Visit Website
Sales tax is collected from El Dorado residents and non-residents on the purchase of tangible goods and services within the city. El Dorado has a 1 cent sales tax supporting general operations, including but not limited to Economic Development, Street Rehabilitation, and Property Tax Reduction.
Special taxing districts are used in other nearby cities and throughout the State. In certain new development areas of El Dorado, there is an additional sales tax for Community Improvement Districts (CID).
Sales Tax-City of El Dorado, KS
State Tax = 6.5%
City - General Tax = 1.0%
Total Sales Tax Rate = 7.75%
The sales tax in the following areas increased 2.00% to 9.75%
El Dorado - Business Park- 3000 block (CID)
El Dorado - Business Park- 3200 block (CID)
El Dorado - West Central 2500 Block (CID)
El Dorado - West Central 2700 Block (CID)
ACT Workforce Initiative
The goal of the Butler County ACT Workforce is to create a better workforce for Butler County businesses.
We have joined forces with area Chambers, schools, Butler Community College, Kansas Workforce, El Dorado INC and Butler County to provide education, and events to help shape our workforce.
These events include a Career EXPO, Job Shadow Day and Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge.
To know more about the Workforce project visit: https://www.workreadycommunities.org/